Welcome to the 2017 Cosmic Color Clubs! Colors so inspiring they're a whole cosmos of possibility! (Note that colors will not necessarily be wildly colored, based on photos of nebula or other "cosmic" inspirations, but will run the gamut of inspiration from all over. I chose Cosmic Color as the name of the clubs because the club colors will be inspired by all manner of natural, man-made and cosmic sources).
These luxuriously soft and beautiful yarns are dyed in small batches of unique, saturated color. A variety of colors and dyeing methods will be utilized to create some softly variegated yarns, as well as semi-solid colors that are better for cables and other detailed stitchwork.
The Knitting Club is offered as both a monthly payment option, or a lump sum payment up front. Monthly options are shown individually for each shipping location (US, Canada, International), while the lump sum payment is shown as one option with a drop-down menu for each different destination.
PLEASE NOTE: MONTHLY PAYMENT OPTIONS ARE SOLD OUT, BUT THERE ARE A FEW LUMP SUM PAYMENT SUBSCRIPTIONS AVAILABLE. If you subscribe after shipments have already started, your first shipment will include all yarns shipped so far.
- The monthly subscription rate includes a 10% discount on yarns, with payments divided into eight (8) equal monthly payments from January through August. The lump sum up front payment includes a 20% discount on yarns.
- The monthly club option is billed monthly from January through August (8 total payments), for shipments going out every other month from February through December (6 total shipments).
- Club shipments will occur around the 15th to the 20th of each shipment month (February, April, June, August, October, December). Shipments include a description of our creative process and inspiration for the color for each shipment.
- Each shipment also includes fun swag and surprise goodies, at a discount of forty percent (40%) off retail prices (these are some of my favorite knitting accessories and tools that I really think every knitter should have at least one of, if not more :-) ).
- There will be a minimum of three (3) patterns included over the time period of the club (I'm still working out the specifics of a few, but at least half of the shipments will include a knitting pattern exclusive to club members for six (6) months, then they will revert back to the designer for publication. The other months may include a coupon for an existing pattern which would work well for that shipment, and / or some other goodies.
- Colors are exclusive to the club and will not be released to the public, ever. Knitting and Spinning Club colorways will be similar, but are different from Sweater Club colorways.
- There will be one or two beautifully complimentary colors dyed each month, which club members have the option of purchasing separately to add to their club bounty. If the club color is a variegated, the complimentary colors will include at least one semi-solid, and vice versa. This option is great for all the fabulous colorwork designs coming out these days, from stripes to stranded designs, and more. These colors will also be exclusive to the club forever.
- Club Members can purchase any club color on any STF base, in any quantity, at any time, as long as they are current club members. Purchases will include the 10% club discount (so, if you absolutely love a club color and simply must have a sweater quantity, we've got you covered!).
- Check out our additional Club Swag Add-On bundle, which is a curated bundle of some really great goodies! I had so much fun putting this package together, and it includes items I really, truly love, the costs of which were a bit too prohibitive to include in the regular monthly club swag. The full retail value of the Swag Bundle is over $160, and I'm offering it starting at $100.00 for US shipments (there's a drop down menu for each destination). There are a limited number of these special bundles available, due to production constraints for some of the artists included. I'm really happy to be able to offer this bundle of great items from really talented artists, and think you'll love it!
The 2017 Knitting Clubs include the following yarns (not necessarily in this order; which yarn ships when will be dependent upon the delivery schedule from my mill, and is an added surprise in addition to color! :-) ):
Birte (dk weight superwash merino / cashmere / silk), 275 yards per 115g skein. A perennial favorite, Birte is a fabulous, luxurious DK weight yarn perfect for next-to-skin wear.
Eir (sport weight 100% non-superwash bluefaced leicester), 235 yards per 115g skein. Eir is a new favorite base which somehow still retains it's clean, sheepy fragrance and has a delightful wooly hand.
Sunna (fingering weight superwash merino / cashmere / silk), 356 yards per 115g skein. Another long-time favorite, Sunna makes fabulous socks as well as accessories and sweaters.
Brigantia (dk weight 85% non-superwash Polwarth / 15% silk), 700 yards per 225g skein (these skeins are marked at 600 yards, as that is the smallest skein I've encountered from my mill, but most are 700+ yards). Brigantia may be my most popular yarn, and these generous skeins are fabulous for a multitude of projects.
Epona (aran weight 100% US grown and processed Merino), 170 yards per 99g skein. Epona is a brand new base I'm trying out, and is a really interesting, textured yarn. It's made up of one single ply of bulky, plied with a sport weight. Epona creates a really cool fabric, rustic but with enough stitch definition to show off cables.
Luna (worsted weight 100% organic non-shrink wool), 200 yards per 115g skein. Luna is a brand new worsted weight base I'm really excited about. Using 100% organic (although my dyes are not fully organic) non-shrink wool, this yarn is so amazing. It retains it's wooly character, bounce, and memory with the bonus of being non-shrink. Using only GOTS certified growing and production practices, the sheep are raised humanely and the processing of the wool does not utilize the chemicals typically used to make yarns superwash (either acids to strip the fiber of its scales, or polymers to coat the scales).
And, if that's just not enough yarn, I've included two Add-on Options for 2017:
Add-On No. 1: Astraea, fingering weight superwash merino, cashmere, and sparkling silver stellina. Introduced in 2016, this yarn is so fabulous for accessories. The silver stellina is very soft, and takes some of the dye used on the yarn to create a subtle sparkle.
Add-On No. 2: Maeve, a super bulky weight blend of superfine merino and cashmere. I love this bulky yarn, but haven't debuted it as a regular base yet (and am not sure if I will or not). But, it creates truly decadent knits ~ perfect for cowls, mitts, hats and other next-to-skin items to keep you warm and snugly in the cold winter months.
Regular Size Knitting Club: one (1) skein of each yarn per shipment.
Super-sized Knitting Club: Two (2) matching skeins per shipment.
IMPORTANT TERMS & NOTES
* Membership is limited and these subscription pages will only stay open as long as spaces are available.
* Subscriptions rates are shown for the United States, Canada and International destinations (as applicable). Please be sure to subscribe to the correct club. Incorrect subscriptions will be cancelled and refunded.
* All monthly subsciptions must be paid with a credit card and, due to the nature of the Club pricing, cannot be cancelled after the commencement of the Club. Up front payments in full are also accepted by check. Please email
firstname.lastname@example.org for more details on paying by check.
* Shipments will typically occur between the 15th and the 20th every other month beginning in February (shipments in February, April, June, August, October, and December) for a total of 6 shipments.
*Shipping and handling are included in the subscription price. Sales tax will be charged separated for Virginia residents. US packages will ship either via USPS First Class or Priority Mail, depending on weight. All Canadian and International shipments are sent via First Class mail, to keep shipping costs as affordable as possible.
* All yarns are handpainted in small, one-of-a-kind batches. Colors will vary between subscribers.
* All Club Members will receive the opportunity to subscribe for future clubs prior to a general announcement elsewhere by subscribing to the Spirit Trail Email List.
* Club yarns are dyed especially for yarn club subscriptions and are non-exchangeable and non-refundable.
* Please join the Spirit Trail Ravelry Group for club information, special club give-aways, and trade / sell opportunities (in case you want more or less of a given month's yarn or fiber).
And, follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook for additional information about the Club and Spirit Trail Fiberworks news.